Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Peregrine Falcon - Free Patterns

     So much snow.  (Deep sigh)  My son came home from school sick Thursday and finally went back today.  His Asthma was triggered by the cold/flu bug he caught. 


     Finding material to use in your woodburn, carving, or scroll work is the topic today.  I am not one to put pencil to paper and draw whatever I have in my mind's eye.  However I am good with software that help me take my photos and make a pattern.  This requires a photo of what I want.  Sometimes, there are no photographs to use for your material.  Now what?

     I have spent countless hours searching the internet for free material.  That does not mean I own them.  The copyright remains with the original artist.  The terms of use are different from person to person, but most will allow you to use the pattern, without changing it, to create your Art piece.  The other day I introduced you to Steve Good.  Today I want you to meet Gary and Marie Crosby of Darkwood-Woodcarving.com.  It was on this site that I found the pattern for my peregrine falcon.  They have beautifully rendered patterns. 
The Crosby's site stipulates:
                " I ask that you do not change or sell the carving patterns which are all covered by copyright laws. Copyright © Gary & Marie Crosby 2001. But use the patterns for your next carving or Pyrography project and pass them around for free. All patterns are in a PDF file format which is a free program downloadable on the net (PDF Reader) just click on my crest at each pattern to open the PDF file then save it to your computer or just print if out. "
     So, when you looking for your next patterns, don't forget Darkwood-Woodcarving.com  -  If you have a pattern you would like to share or a site that is really awesome, please let me know.
 
 - Take Care -
 

No comments:

Post a Comment